SXS Challenge 2016 will take place at Dirt Nasty Off-Road Park on January 15th and 16th, 2016. Location information, event schedule, and driver registration can be found below.
The 2016 SXS Challenge is only a few weeks away! We will be doing the same as last year since it was a big hit. We always listen to the feedback and ideas from racers and fans alike, and from what we’ve gathered, some racers like to run the faster more mild woods course but not the steep more technical climbs, and those extreme thrill seekers that like the big hills prefer not to race the clock. In 2016 we will have both, after the woods course race we will head off into the park to climb some of the most extreme hills in Dirt Nasty has to offer.
We will pick 6-8 hills in the park and see who has what it takes to finish at the top of the last hill!
It will cost $100 to enter the elimination hill challenge.
A time limit will be put on each climb, and if you fail to conquer the hill in the allotted time, you are eliminated. If you are successful, then you will go to the next round.
Everyone that makes it to the top of the final hill will split the purse, so if we have 10 entrys and only 2 finish, then each will receive $500!
Every SXS/UTV that enters MUST have a 6 point roll cage, and 4 point harnesses. ( a stock RZR 800 or 900XP cage, stock Wildcat cage will NOT be allowed to race unless they have been strengthened, a stock XP 1000 is ok to race)
Dirt Nasty Off-Road Park
- From Interstate 64, take Exit 137 toward Morehead.
- If you are eastbound on I-64, turn right from the exit onto KY-32 (Flemingsburg Rd) toward downtown Morehead. If you are westbound on I-64, turn left from the exit onto KY-32 (Flemingsburg Rd) toward downtown Morehead.
- Continue on KY-32 (Flemingsburg Rd) for 2.8 miles.
- Turn Right onto US 60 West (W Wilkinson Blvd) and drive 0.5 miles.
- Take the 3rd left onto KY-519 S (Clearfield Rd) and drive 0.7 miles.
- Turn left onto KY-1167 (Dry Creek Rd) and drive for 5.1 miles to the top of the hill.
- Turn left and continue on KY-1167 (Oak Grove Rd) for 0.4 miles.
- Stay right at the split and continue on KY-1167 (Oak Grove Rd) for 2.2 miles.
- Turn left at the bottom of the hill onto Cr-1610 where there will be a sign posted
- Drive 0.2 miles on the gravel road (Cr-1610) to the entrance of the park on the right.
Friday, January 15th:
3pm – Drivers Meeting Woods Course Race
Saturday, January 16th:
9am – Drivers Meeting Hill Climb
Drivers will be listed here after registration closes.